With an estimated global investment spend in mobile video advertising of $35B, 根据最近的战略分析报告, the need to understand mobile advertising is in high demand. The ever-increasing pressure on a brand and its buyers to include mobile in their plans has been challenging and desktop best practices and solutions have naturally been adopted into mobile. 不幸的是, many brands are realizing that the negative ROI on ineffective or disruptive impressions is greater than before, 导致AD烦恼和回避. The challenges with mobile advertising are vast; having fixed vertical views and videos being built horizontally, the length and weight of video eating up a customer’s data plans and now users blocking ads in droves to stop advertising in its tracks.
MediaBrix, 领先的专注于移动业务的数字广告公司, approached True Impact to discover the most efficient and effective way to advertise on a mobile device using video, and the key factors that drive user receptivity and purchase intent. 加上neuron的数据分析能力, True Impact delivered a comprehensive neuroscience research study focused on how advertising delivery methods impact a brand. The MediaBrix Research Mission was to test different delivery mobile ad solutions to understand what attributes of the delivery method drive to a receptive user, 获得人们的关注并产生积极的业务影响.
Our goal was to understand the impact of two types of ad deliveries on motivation, 认知负荷, 注意, 内存, 和理解. 第一种类型是间质广告, or pop up: an ad type where a video pops up while a mobile game is being played. The second type is called Embedded Opt-In: an ad type that arrives at a point of need (i.e. 你没点数了), is displayed within the context of the game and offers a reward to allow the user to keep playing.
The context of the ad presentations was a game requiring a high degree of 认知负荷, 类别, 用户需要想出单词和名字的地方. The ad types were presented during the gameplay, in alternated order across all participants (N=60). Two brands participated in this research and received individual confidential reports: Miller Coors and an unnamed leading confectionery brand.
十大网赌网址新世纪用了脑电图, 心率, 还有眼球追踪技术, 与暴露后调查相结合. This approach allowed us to combine consumer self-report measures with measures of the brain’s electrical activity, creating a ”big-picture” view to the user’s attitudes toward interstitial and embedded opt-in ads.
Our hypothesis stated: A human-friendly ad experience will be preferred. 然而，十大网赌网址新世纪没有先例或预期
十大网赌网址新世纪可以预期的效果. This form of research is unique and world-first hence opens the doors for further exploration.
- Mobile ad experiences that target an emotional moment (need indicator) and offers contextual relevancy, 有四倍的动力吗.
- Mobile ad experiences that were contextualized (included native elements to build trust and transparency with/to the user) and were emotionally moment-targeted (moment of need indicators) garnered three times more 注意 time spent with the brand creative.
- Mobile ad experiences that were contextualized to the experience resulted in eight times more cognitive engagement leading to mental encoding (commitment to 内存) and consideration.
- 同样的情境设计广告的结果是4.6X more fixation time and three times more time spent with the brand creative.
- Contextually designed ads coupled with emotional moment targeted ads (need indicators) produced two times less erratic emotional sentiment.
- There is a “Race to X-Factor” that was discovered inside of a mobile ad execution, 促使人们退出弹出式广告. The Race to X-Factor was magnified without contextualization and emotional targeting.
The exponential adoption of mobile devices compels marketers to think about how they are used. There is a real opportunity here but we have to take a pause and understand that we can amplify or compromise our brands in this environment.
不是双关语，但这是真的! This is a mobile device, a quarter of the size of any screen we’ve ever been given. 人们都在用手机, 他们有数据计划, they are task-oriented – you cannot be intrusive or disruptive. You need to add value at any chance you get because that is the only way to get 注意 on this device.
许多营销人员都在谈论内容的重要性. However, the content of the ad would not reach the audience if presented in an intrusive way. Context is just as important and must be held in high priority.
The app environment is very powerful because the brand knows what is happening and when. In a task-driven environment where all content has been gamified, brands can offer value while asking for time out of a person’s day, 还有他们的数据和注意力.
作为市场营销者或广告商, 你的责任是传达正确的信息, 在正确的时间, 给对的人. 没有对客户行为的深刻洞察, you’d be crossing your fingers while pushing the “Send All” button. We trust that by inspiring you to deliver better mobile ad experiences, it paves the way towards creating multiple human-friendly brand interactions. At True Impact, we believe that when marketing is humanized, brands and customers win.